Thank you to all our members who completed a quilt top during our Summer Quilt-A-Long. Congratulations to Suzanne for winning the jelly roll. We look forward to seeing what you make with it!
For convenience I have gathered up the PDF files of the pattern at the bottom of this post and the how to's covering:
- colouring a block design
- breaking down the block into basic quilt units
- basic chain piecing & simple leaders & enders
- a scant ¼” seam and why it can be handy
- Half Square Triangles and Flying Geese 4 ways
- Chain piecing a block and a whole quilt
- Sew & Flip Method to simplify shapes
- Leader and Ender projects to make scrap quilts
- Giant Quilt blocks
- Borders, backing, binding and hanging sleeve
I hope that you enjoyed the series and will find the above useful for future projects.
Stay safe and happpy sewing!
Ruth Bourke on behalf of the Mid Western branch Comittee 2020
2020 QAL part 1.pdf
Summer Quilt part 2.pdf
Summer QAL part 3.pdf
Summer QAL part 4.pdf
Summer QAL part 5.pdf
Summer QAL part 6.pdf
Summer QAL part 7.pdf
Summer QAL part 8.pdf
HST templates 1-6 inch.pdf